Hall of Excellence
The purpose of the CHCA Athletic Hall of Excellence is to recognize those that have been blessed by God with extraordinary talent, skill, determination, and commitment and have utilized those gifts through athletics at CHCA while accomplishing distinction as an athlete, coach, administrator, or as a contributor to the development and success of the CHCA athletic program. Nominations are collected online each spring (April/May). The Induction Ceremony is held in late August.
Year of Induction:
Holly Dahmus (’12): Women’s Tennis
Dominique Baxter (’12): Women’s Tennis
Mrs. Lynn Nabors-McNally: Tennis Coach 1995-2015
Mr. Evan Andrews: Eagle Award, Athletic Contributor
Courtney Kust (’09): Women’s Basketball
Kaci Kust (‘08): Women’s Basketball
Andrew Wallace (’10): Track and Field
Mr. Cliff Hern: Eagle Award, Athletic Director 2002-2008
Whitney Dubbs (‘05): Women’s Basketball
Michael Chacksfield (’07): Football
Stephen Havens (’07): Men’s Tennis
Nick Williams (‘08): Men’s Soccer, Track & Field
Ryan Huxtable (’04): Football
Jill Ducro (‘06): Women’s Tennis
Doug Browne (’07): Football, Baseball
Ryan Collado (’07): Football, Track & Field
Kevin Nead (‘04): Men’s Swimming
Kasey Carpenter (’06): Women’s Swimming
Robbie Wilson (‘04): Football
Abbe Peters (’04): Women’s Soccer, Women’s Basketball
Mr. Robert Gardner: Eagle Award, Athletic Director 1994-2000
Dr. Mark Snyder: Eagle Award, Team Physician
Mr. Ronald Bell: Eagle Award, Booster President
Amanda Holbrook (’98): Women’s Basketball
Ryan Betscher (’00): Football
Audra Falk (’01): Women’s Tennis
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTION:
- Athletes will be selected based on their athletic accomplishments during their high school career at CHCA.
- Students will not be considered until five (5) years after they graduate from CHCA.
- Each nominee will be considered based on All-Conference, All-District, All-City, and All-State selections. The committee will also take into account any individual that receives Player of the Year or is part of a State Championship.
- The student’s character will also be considered in the evaluation and a character endorsement will be necessary from an administrator, athletic director, and/or coach.
- Coaches are not eligible for the Hall of Fame during their coaching career.
- Coaches will be evaluated based on their contributions to their sport while at CHCA including Division Championships, Sectional Championships, and State Championships. The committee will also take into account any Coach of the Year awards the coach receives while at CHCA.
- The coach’s character will also be considered in the evaluation and a character endorsement will be necessary from an administrator, athletic director, and/or former athlete.
- The Eagle Award is presented to special contributors to the athletic program. This could include but is not limited to former booster, principals, team doctors/physicians, and athletic directors.
SIZE OF INDUCTION CLASS
With the exception of the inaugural class, there will be no more than 3 inductees per year. Inductees will be notified no later than July 1st that they have been selected into CHCA’s Hall of Excellence.